MEMBERSHIP HAS BENEFITS
As a member of the Nanaimo Family History Society, you may
- attend informative monthly meetings with a variety of guest speakers on genealogy topics
- receive help from and collaborate with members at our regular meetings
- access mini educational sessions presented by our members, and have the opportunity to lead a session and share your knowledge
- receive our society’s journal, AncesTree, in which you may publish queries and share items of interest
- access the British Columbia Genealogical Society’s resources at no cost through our affiliate society membership (see below for additional information)
- borrow publications from our library holdings or those held at Beban Centre if you live in Nanaimo or its environs
- vote at any regular or extraordinary meeting
Membership in the Nanaimo Family History Society (NFHS) is for the calendar year from January to December. Yearly rates are $35.00 for a single person and $30.00 for seniors. A second family member pays $10.00.
Download NFHS Membership application
Please make your cheque payable to the Nanaimo Family History Society and give it to our Membership Director at a meeting or event or mail to:
Alternatively the society accepts payment by e-transfer. Please email your payment to the address provided on the membership application and forward your completed application to email@example.com
P.O. Box 1027
Nanaimo , BC
What are the benefits of being an Affiliate Society to the BCGS?
1. Receive a copy of the quarterly British Columbia Genealogist eJournal.
2. Receive a copy of the monthly eNewsletters.
3. Receive the weekly eGenBlasts.
4. Affiliate are ‘advertised’ on our BCGS Website, to encourage researchers to make contact with these groups.
5. Members of Affiliate societies:
a) Will receive BCGS member pricing to any BCGS sponsored seminars or events;
b) Can submit articles to either the Newsletter or Journal;
c) Are welcome to attend any Coffee Chats via Zoom;
d) Are welcome to attend the monthly BCGS General Meetings via Zoom;
e) Have access to and can research in the BCGS library for free (nonmembers pay a $5.00 daily research fee).
6. Affiliate societies and their members are welcome to join in any BCGS projects.